Sunday 16 December 2012

mi tesoro | my precious

Being quite a big JRR Tolkien fan, I was over the moon about the production of this movie and the fact of it being split into three instalments. Some of you may have grumbled about it getting dragged out and  the money making aspect, however I am excited about the idea of relevant appendices, mini-stories being injected and a high level of detail.

While awaiting for the release I decided to do a hobbit theme nail design and therefore went ahead with the one ring design. Written in Elvish but of Mordor Language is
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
 One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
Which I thought was highly appropriate with the ring being firstly discovered in this movie.

-One Ring-




Used a metallic gold for the base/background colour and a combination of a black nail art pen and permanent black marker to write the elvish across my nails. It was a tricky challenge but definitely worth it!

I was also able to write my name in elvish on my little fingers (pinkies) since I had some space left over and even threw in Tolkiens logo. Was rather happy with the outcome and was rather satisfied with the movie. The script writer had done a decent job and even kept some of the rhymes which added some charm.

Looking forward to watching the next instalment next year and trying my hand at a hobbit nail art design then too ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment